Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Just shoot me now...

...I'll die satisfied. I could go home right now and it would all be worth it! We've seen so much already! I've seen the gargoyles of the Chrysler Building, taken pictures in the Beaux Art masterpiece that is Grand Central Station, watched a sunset from the Empire State Building, ridden in a carriage through Central Park and seen all 8 floors of THE Macy's. What more is there? I ask you.

Everyone was so right - getting around is a piece of cake! We feel totally authentic as we have been on a subway twice and a 5th ave bus. NYC may be the biggest city in the world, but you just hop on the MTA and you're where you want to be in moments.

So far everyone is totally nice to us. Especially the 30-something guy who was hitting on Grace WITH ME RIGHT NEXT TO HER on the subway!! Why is it men think Grace is available and the female flight attendants asked me about 12 times if Grace was 15 and old enough to sit in an exit row??

Okay, I really should shower and get to bed. I feel really awake 'cause it's only 8:15 at home, but here it's 11:15 and we have to get up at 5AM to go get ourselves on TV at the TODAY show taping.

Happy Day to us! - Amy

1 comment:

kristi said...

Ok - this is SO fun! Thank you for keeping us updated :) I wish like heck we had cable so I could watch and see if I see you tomorrow! No bother - you just let us know how it goes :) I'm so glad this all worked out. Oh, and Happy Birthday, Grace!!!!!