Monday, June 30, 2008

Only 48 hours to go!!!!


Almost exactly 48 hours from now we'll be lifting off at PDX!!! I'm so excited I'm just about crawling out of my skin! I really don't think she's figured anything out yet. We had a big party with all her buddies last Friday and we're telling her we're having a big family party on her "real" birthday and so far it seems like she believes us.

I'm all ready to go. Our tickets to things are printed, maps are in my bag, travel books are bought and marked up. Bethany, Grace's cousin, is coming to whisk Grace away tomorrow for several hours, during which I'll be madly packing practically everything she owns and then roping off the downstairs and making her sleep in the guest room under the excuse that her birthday present is "under construction" in the basement. I've made my audio-cd with clips from Willy Wonka and voice-overs by yours truly to wake her up with Wednesday morning. I felt very technologically advance downloading my share-ware recorder on my laptop and making my own custom CD. (All technology people may now cringe) I stole Kathy's scrapbooking supplies, bought gold foil and made 5 golden envelopes for her "5 Golden Ticket" surprises on our trip and a giant birthday card-book that has our itinerary for her to read in the airport. Pretty much I just have to find ways to keep busy and wait for tomorrow to come so I can pack. Then I have to try and actually sleep tomorrow night! :)

Pray for mellow weather since we are Oregon heat-weannies and pray that I can figure out how to use the subway quickly and easily! :)

See you all in 48 hours!!!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I'm so excited for you guys!! Yay!