Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A Final Farewell...

Well, I guess we've pretty much said everything that can be said about our trip. It was perfect and unforgettable. I'm so grateful, in God's great goodness, He provided me not only the funding and ability to go, but worked all things together for our good such that Grace truly was surprised and all our plans worked out while in NYC. Grace said to me on the last day, "Well, thanks for pretty much the best week of my life ever!" Maybe she just said it to be polite and grateful, but it was exactly what I hoped to hear. I wanted this to surpass anything she's experienced so far and everything went pretty much just the way I'd hoped. How often can you say that in life?!

Someone reminded me today that we never actually said what the 5 tickets were, so here you go...

1) Tickets to the Empire State Building and Airline confirmation sheet

2) Tickets to Phantom of the Opera

3) Tickets to a Yankee's game in the final season of Yankee Stadium (thus the historic-ness bit)

4) A map of the city - meaning that it was Gracie's day to choose anything and anywhere she wanted to go and do

5) Pictures of things we'd see on our final day - Brooklyn Bridge and Statue of Liberty

There you have it! Thanks for sharing in our trip with us. Everyone's comments and participation made Grace feel all the more special and made our trip seem out-of-the-ordinary. Blogging was one of the fun parts of going! :) Hope to see you all in the blogosphere again someday, traveling to another wonderful destination.

Amy, for the both of us

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Great work Amy! I found out about the blog after you returned home, but I had just as much fun reading about the trip after the fact. I can't believe you pulled something like that off! YOU ARE AMAZING GIRL! I am glad that Gracie was able to celebrate her birthday with such a fabulous trip...she deserves it! Thanks for sharing all the pics with us! You saw so much in 5 days, I am just in awe! Way to go!

kristi said...

*sniff* I'll miss you!

kristi said...

Seriously, I'm missing you two!